Exhaust Gas Sensor YDGS-01
The Sensor measures the temperature of extremely hot gases, solids and liquids within the range of 0 to +800 °C (+32 to 1472 °F).
The Exhaust Gas Sensor can be used for many purposes beyond measuring exhaust gases. With factory settings it transmits measured data as "Air Temperature" (because this data type is supported in all chart plotters), but can be reconfigured to display "Exhaust Gas Temperature", "Heating System Temperature", "Engine Room Temperature", etc.
The Device is plug and play; you only need to plug it into a NMEA 2000 backbone to get readings on all NMEA 2000 chart plotters and instruments onboard.
Temperature is measured by the thermocouple which is placed outside the Sensor case and has a flexible 90-cm (3 foot) sheath with an internal heat-resistant fiberglass insulation layer. The trade-off for such a wide temperature range is that the accuracy is
If you need better accuracy, our Digital Thermometer YDTC-13 has
The Sensor can be configured by user to turn on or off specified channels of digital switching equipment. For example, it can automatically turn on the ventilation or trigger an alarm when the temperature in the engine room is too high, and also turn it off when the temperature returns to normal.
The measurements of the last 48 hours are stored in the Device's RAM and can be retrieved by compatible software or hardware to provide the user with historical data.
The Exhaust Gas Sensor, as all our sensors, supports firmware updates and three programming (configuration) methods. The simplest way is using a special installation description string which can be entered for the device in some modern models of chart plotters or in special software. Here you can see a video how to program and update the Sensor using CAN Log Viewer software.
Support of the Exhaust Gas Sensor in other products:
- Our NMEA 0183 Gateway and NMEA 2000 USB Gateway convert exhaust gas temperature to NMEA 0183 XDR sentence (looks like $YDXDR,C,22.0,C,EXHAUST*0B);
- Our NMEA 2000 Wi-Fi Gateway also makes this conversion and can display the data in Web Gauges;
- Our NMEA 0183 Wi-Fi Gateway and NMEA 0183 Wi-Fi Router can display the data in Web Gauges also;
- Our Text Display with "Engine and Tank Montoring" firmware displays exhaust gas temperature;
- CAN Log Viewer can display historical graph from 10 sensors, update the Sensor's firmware,configure it and display live data from 3 sensors of "Exhaust Gas Temperature" type simultaneously;
- The PC software of Voyage Recorder supports four sensors of "Exhaust Gas Temperature" type.